Thread: Friend or foe
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2002, 12:18 PM   #9
Bruce Baker
Dojo: LBI Aikikai/LBI ,NJ
One who eats trees

Actually, I was often asked by my first teacher during jujitsu or judo practice if I was eating trees because he thought doing throws on me was like trying to throw a tree.

Actually, being just six feet tall at just over 260 pounds with a 52 inch chest, and my extra middleaged 20 pound belly at 46 inches, I am big enough to go toe to toe with most muscle bound giants, yet compact enough to easily take rolls and falls in Aikido.

Without telling my Aikido partners about my old Karate nickname, a couple of them have asked me to slow down so my tree branches don't knock them silly with irimi, or other extensions.

One who eats Trees?

Yep. Or was I just referring to the Brocolli my kids refused to eat until they thought they were eating little trees?

No worse than driving on the right, and finding out that you meant the car's right side, not the road?

Just goes to prove we can't always be right.

Some people drive on the right side of the car and the wrong side of the road, while others drive on the right side of the road and the wrong side of the the car ... go figure?