View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #421
Anjisan
Dojo: Aikido of Madison
United_States
Ai symbol Re: Why do some people hate Aikido?

Quote:
Michael Gelum wrote: View Post
....Bruce took on all comers, and Chuck was an accomplished full-contact fighter... Seagal on the other hand was a movie made badass. Ask Ol' Steve about Mr LaBell, he still has stains in his dogi.

Please, if you are going to use Seagal as a role model, at least be honest about it... and to diminish Matsuokas' ability to make Seagal appear more than he is that is a shame.

@Tony...let's be careful out there!
I don't believe that I am saying that Seagal sensei is a role model by any means but merely that he drove in students when he began making movies. I think that there were allegations of Bruce having been with other woman/women who was/were not his wife and if true, only proves that no one is perfect. Also, it seems to me that Seagal must have some serious skill to get to 7th dan regardless of his ex-wifes dojo blah blah blah. I would think that it would be insulting to- I believe Abe sensei- who promoted him to 6th dan that Seagal sensei has less than his ranked level of skill.

Further, if one looks at the film The Path Beyond Thought (or view clips of it on YouTube) it seems quite apparent for anyone who has been doing Aikido for a while that he has real skill. Finally it would seem to be insulting to Matsuoka sensei that he was so stupid to be a uchi deshi for a Seagal for what--20 years if he only thought his job was to make him look good and not that Seagal had something worthwhile to learn regardless of personal shortcomings which I am sure many Shihan have but the bright light is not glaring on them so they stay safely hidden.