View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #80
mathewjgano

Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
United_States
Re: Ki is Kindness.

Quote:
Charles David Henderson wrote: View Post
My reservation is with the magical thinking of the OP that if I act with ki, my acts will ipso facto be kind acts. Which I see as a variety of bad faith.
I definately disagree with the statement, "if I act with ki I always act with kindness." I think it's fair to say there is bad ki and good ki...assuming ki can even have a fixed definition. I guess what I think I'm seeing is a work in progress with regard to defining ki, basing it on something similar to my sense of ki as I learned it from Tsubaki America and thus Tsubaki Okami Yashiro in Japan...this idea of returning to the "source ki," which is pure (for lack of a better term perhaps) and, i presume, "good" (whatever that might be). If I'm not mistaken, Misogi has been explained to me in a similar light, in which over time, our otherwise good nature accumulates tsumi/impurity which we seek to return to its original, better state.
I'm not sure I understand the topic very well, but based on my limited understanding, this is what I've come up with.

Gambarimashyo!