View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #76
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: Ki is Kindness.

Quote:
Jon Reading wrote: View Post
Not me. Lets keep the focus on the post you made. If you have a spiritual component of your argument I do not oppose that component. I only oppose the "you don't know me" excuse to explaining how you arrived at your conclusion. What interview with O'Sensei are you citing? Where is the transcript? Or was the interview interpreted? If so, by whom? How did you derive your statement from the context of the interview? What Shihan support this viewpoint? Is your viewpoint a progeny of your own deduction, or were they any contributions from others? These are all great questions to which I would like to see the answer. You are explaining a point and I am all for the ride but you're not bringing me along... This stuff is all elementary to an educational thesis, I'm trying to get learned here after all. Check out those members on this forum who have solid writing. Hell, Dr. Goldsbury writes half his posts in Japanese (I can't even figure out how to insert the dang symbols). You wanna play with the big boys, you gotta come with something... Every river begins as a trickle in the mud, right? I got some popcorn for a good read if it takes you a while.

Correct. You are not a just-add-water aikido expert just because your post something. To ask others to submit to your ethos without credentials is preposterous. Some of the cats on this forum are so long in the tooth they're practically ice-age. You're gonna cram down their throats some jibber jabber, then contest they are not giving your props? My hands get sweaty when some of these lifers read my posts... Then you gonna tell them they're not ready to hear your message? Wow. You want these cats to respect your thinking? Prove to them its legit.

I may not agree with your comments, but if its solid I can respect your argument. "Source citing is important..." According to Wikipedia Abraham Lincoln said this after defeating the Klingons at Gettysburg to end the Revolutionary War.
Hey Jon,
Got your popcorn?

You oppose the you don't know me excuse??? I never say that.

As I said, I've cited the source for the interview already, if you want to look it up type in O'Sensei interview on google and find the one he had with his son. (aikido faq)

What Shihan supports this view? It's not for me to say, why should I do your work for you. This is my view and if you don't want to test it for yourself and need correlation and back up then find some shihans who agree and find some who disagree and have fun.

Do I expect others to submit to my ethos without credentials???

Wow! Excuse me for smiling. I told you already I give views for people to contemplate and test for themselves and if they do this they can then acknowledge what I say, add to what I say, tell me what they discovered, tell me they see how it applies to life but enquire how it applies to Aikido, whatever. But only after they have tested it for themselves. No references, no translations, no he saids.

If this doesn't fit in with your way of doing things then so be it. It's neither right nor wrong but it's not the only way.

Your comments about playing with the big boys???

Your comments about cramming jibber jabber down the throats of ' cats who are long in the tooth' ???

Double wow! ( Now where I come from that there is fighting talks)

Big boys don't argue, they contemplate, test, debate. There are no put downs at at worst they agree to differ. Real big boys may even read something, smile and say nothing. Exceptional big boys may fully understand what the person is saying and add something that takes it even further, thus taking the writers understanding even further.

Anyway, I still love you. G.