View Single Post
Old 08-24-2002, 05:56 PM   #43
guest1234
Janet,

I hope things work out for you, and I'm fairly certain, in the long run they will. Which is not to say that they will necessarily work out for you and your sensei. And I think perhaps not is more likely.

I am guessing you are young, for two reasons: you feel like you are falling in love with someone you really don't know and don't have a relationship with so far other than student-teacher; you seem to hold him in a position of relative power, which I don't consider appropriate for an adult female. But that is me, too, and I could be wrong.

If you are indeed young, STAY AWAY FROM ANY ROMANTIC INVOLVEMENT. PERIOD. NO EXCEPTIONS. Young ladies with adoration in their eyes are very tempting, and even good men might fail, and bad men will take advantage.

If you are not so young, then you should be able to decide for yourself if the risks outweigh the potential, but I'd take a self assesment first: to seek the opinion of family, friends, and fellow Aikidoists on whom you should date is, purely from my point of view mind you, not giving yourself the credit you should.I mean this in a nice way, I really do, but it's kind of like "if you have to ask, you can't afford it"...I do wish happiness ahead.

Last edited by guest1234 : 08-24-2002 at 05:58 PM.