Old 11-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #28
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Re: Golden Center Sword

Quote:
Joe Curran wrote: View Post
Dear Marc,
You certainly got the six guns out and fired some rounds at Graham.Lets be charitable.The guys heart might be in the right place but his aikido is elsewhere.Since I have only seen the videos on You tube I dont want to totally state that Graham is not too adept at Aikido .If this is Tohei based aikido and he is an qualified teacher in this method,it would suggest to me there is something amiss here.
While Aikido is a broad church and there are many methods of Aikido, I see very little evidence of good quality training in the vids.
Perhaps Graham you would care to tell our readers more about your aikido lineage?I personally do not want to judge anyone solely on the basis of a couple of video clips alone.
Cheers, Joe.
Joe:

Sometimes a healthy dose of reality is needed to break through. I was actually being relatively kind in my dosing. When he seeks to pontificate based upon a cursory understanding, he invites a certain nature of response. He is very lucky this is the Aikido world. Much of the martial arts world is not as charitable as we tend to be.

We both agree about the nature of Graham's practice. I agree that his heart is in the right place. When you teach, you need much more than a heart in the right place. Hopefully, he can take what he has and move beyond where he is, so that he can regain a realistic sense of martial integrity to all aspects of his Aikido life.

Cordially,

Marc Abrams

Last edited by akiy : 11-27-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Fixed quoting