Thread: Help me please
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2002, 07:34 PM   #8
Ben_t_shodan
Dojo: Aikido Institute of Michigan, Seiwa Dojo
Re: Help me please

Quote:
() wrote:
This person has practiced for less than half the time I have. I have practiced for 13 years, I think he has for 4 or 5 now.

But the problem is that he is constantly belittling me. He treats me like a 6th kyu or something. Everything I say he says is wrong, or that my understanding is wrong. He posts on the aiki web and in the posts he acts like I am his student and he is a master. It drives me nuts, if my Sensei has promoted me to this rank I think Sensei would want me to be treated like the rank I am.

Thank you
You know I am in the same situation, I started young so people in the dojo don't see me as an Aikidoka but as a kid. I have a little problem with a few people, mostly beginners that are older. They think I can do anything to help them because I am over half their age. Just ignore it.

You cant help them if they don't want to listen (on or off the mat). We have one black belt that is a sales man, so that is what he dose is he sells himself on the mat. To he dose that to a point that he stomps on everyone else.

Thank you

ben