View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 09:14 AM   #12
Jim Sorrentino

Dojo: Aikido of Northern Virginia, Aikido Shobukan Dojo
Re: Dan Harden Workshop Nov 6 & 7 Santa Ana, CA

Marc,
Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
[snip]What I do have a problem with is that you are hijacking a thread in a manner that runs counter with the polite request of Dan Harden that you go your way....

I have had the distinct pleasure of working with both Mike and Dan. I find them both to be admirable and skilled martial artists who have a lot to teach people who learn from them. I respect them enough that if one of them were to say to me "please do not have any more contact with me," I would do so. I would not directly contact that person, or anybody who trained with them. Your questions simply serve no useful purpose given the history that you two have had.
If someone were to post something along the lines of, "If you have taken any seminars from Ushiro-sensei, you should make every effort to attend the seminar with X-sensei," wouldn't you ask that person about his basis for comparing Ushiro-sensei and X-sensei? My questions to Mark are reasonable. His unwillingness to answer them speaks for itself.

Jim

I mistrust all systematizers and I avoid them. The will to a system is a lack of integrity. Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols