View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #186
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: What paths lead to internal power??

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Go right ahead. That store and release model is not as universal as you make it out to be across the board, It would also never fly with more informed sources.
Really? I suspect you're going from some basic how-to training things shown in workshops and assuming that's the end-product, Dan. "Store-and-Release" is not universal in Asian martial arts? Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Just like that taichi fighter video you put up here and called it a good fight and example of IP... where everyone else saw what I saw...he was paired with a newbie who had his own hands down through most of the fight as he threw himself at the guy.
Pooh... go look at it again. I simply meant that it was something outside of the usual push-hands, which is all the most westerners have ever seen. But, you're just pouting, so I won't hold it against you. Dan, see if you can say something about the hara and how to use it, if you want to show me that you're a real expert.
Quote:
As most will tell you; I treat you in a much more even handed and even complimentary fashion behind closed doors.
Dan, take a look at the comments I've made and the how-to expositions I've written. I'm interested in the topic. Period. The asides about personalities, who's greatest, "friendship", yada, yada, I see as simply a waste of time by the non-serious. This subject is very complex/deep and it's easy to sidetrack things into another round of one-eyed kings in the kingdom of the blind... I think it needs to go further than that. If people engage in a serious discussion, I treat them seriously. If they claim expertise but can't really explain things simply, then I don't take them seriously. For the people who are serious, I try to make comments that will be helpful to them sometime (such as the one about the hara and the indications that there are more matters in this complex issue). That's all I'm interested in. The personality discussions I realize are going to be experienced on non-technically-serious forums like this one, Rum Soaked Fist... to some degree. But I think they're a waste of time. Let's move on, shall we?

Regards,

Mike Sigman