View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #122
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: What paths lead to internal power??

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
As you can see, from the flow of discussion some treat the idea of "friendship" in a discussion of budo, like a cancer. As if the very idea is impossible to talk about in training with internal power and aiki and it ends up with the idea of "making friends" as anathema to serious budo or the way certain people try to control a dialogue as if this isn't relavent to training.
Yeah, but instead of all the simply untrue oblique shots about anyone treating "friendship" as cancer, yada, yada, etc., how about explaining how this complete aside about friendship, budo, wu de, etc., leads to internal power? Let's see if we can keep to the discussion without the usual self-congratulation and putting down of others, for a change. The original topic is about "paths that lead to internal power".

If you want to posit that "friendship" is a bona fide component of I.S. training, fine by me.... I'm just asking for you to support it instead of posturing. If you can't support your thesis, just admit it, but let's keep the thread on topic about "paths that lead to internal power", please.

FWIW

Mike Sigman