View Single Post
Old 08-18-2002, 05:32 PM   #6
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Aikido of Northern Virginia
Germany
Been reading Bill Gleason's book. The Spiritual Foundations of Aikido. Basically about the kotodama.

I will say this, I had a hard time with it a few years ago. But my current studies and meditations have given me new insights to it.

Not sure I am qualified or educated enough yet on this. But I will say this. there is a great deal of truth to it.

I have read a few books recently on Quantum Physics (believe it or not there is a strong link between the core sciences and concepts like kotodama).

I also have experience through various forms of medidation the power of sounds. (tibetan buddhist type medidation).

I also was watching the praise the lord club the other day. They had a "Scientist" on the show who said he could prove that the world was only 10,000 years old and that the big bang did not occur as we said it did. A great deal of his theory centered on particle physics and vibration of sub atomic particles.

I am not saying if he was right or wrong. Frankly couldn't care. But what I found amazing is that on the core level..he agreed with the basis of "SOUND" (he called it GOD's VOICE)

So, everything I have read or heard seems to point to the basis that sound, energy waves, KI are all inter-realted.

Not sure what all this means, other than it is very interesting to study the kotodama and I definitely think there are some secrets in there.

Like everything, you have the cultural elements that you need to sift through to find the truth and meaning!

Well I have a lifetime, so back to work!