View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #10
HL1978
Dojo: Aunkai
United_States
Re: Lesson with Akuzawa Minoru

Quote:
Josh Phillipson wrote: View Post
hi Hunter, may I ask why you asked this?
Josh
Sure a couple of reasons, its something I have been thinking about since the various internal methods talk about moving the body into different positions utilizing pressure.

If all the pressure is released into a strike/throw etc, and pressure is what moves you, it is going to take some time to build it back up again. I assume that being able to maintain some pressure would allow you to do multiple strikes/movements without having to reset the body. Perhaps someone with more chinese martial arts experience can comment if during something like a fajing, all of the pressure is released or not? From my outside observation, it looks like they gather some prior to the next movement, and I wanted to know if they are adding to what is remaining, or if they expend it all.

I also know from my own practice when doing something like the tenchijin/shiko exercise that I leak out a lot of that pressure sensation and have to regather/re-establish it so regular muscle movement creeps back in to transition to the next position. I wanted to have some idea if I was on the right direction or not with having to keep some there at all time.