View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
Adam Huss
Adam Huss's Avatar
Location: Ohio
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 699
Re: Tenkan - advanced

For our practice we use tenkan (転換), or a conversion, to mean a change in stance without moving the feet: basically a 180 deg shift on the balls of your feet. Tenkai or, revolution/rotation, we use to mean a pivot with the front foot staying in place (typically what most call a tenkan). Click on "Tenkai" should take you to a link with the kanji....should ;o)

Ichi Go, Ichi Ei!
  Reply With Quote