View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #49
Abasan
Dojo: Aiki Shoshinkan, Aiki Kenkyukai
Malaysia
Re: more religious issues

Keith,

What I meant was, I agree with what you said earlier. The fact is, bowing is meaningless without the spirit behind it. I subscribe to the need for mixed gender training. When I said shallow, I meant disallowing someone to practice in the dojo because they won't bow.

Marc,

Well I've no idea what Osensei would have said about those things you pointed out about Islam. Mainly because its apparent that you're intent on focusing on negativity without context. (edit: Though, if I'm reading you wrong then I sincerely apologise, you know how it is when reading posts without facial, tonal and body language indicators.). Similarly, I won't be able to think what Osensei would have said about the Jews killing unarmed activists on aid boats, manhandling old men, women and child, sexually abusing children in prison and the other stuff going about right now... I see both points as being nothing relevant to the religion of Islam or Judaism and I don't think Osensei would see its relevance to his spiritual pursuit either way.

Last edited by Abasan : 06-03-2010 at 09:08 AM.

Draw strength from stillness. Learn to act without acting. And never underestimate a samurai cat.