View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #58
ChrisHein

Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Re: The purpose of Aikido?

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
Dude, quality anything is the exception rather than the rule, and finding quality is the buyer's responsibility. Why would aikido be any different?
HA, I love that! So true it's hard to believe it needs to be said!

Reflection, I know 100% where you are coming from. I went through this same deal. It's very annoying and troublesome when you realize the true state of the Aikido community.

However, your only options are:

To quit. Which from what I've read, doesn't sound like something you want to do, like the rest of us, your really like Aikido.

Ignore that which you dislike. Again, from what you're saying this doesn't sound like a real option for you.

Or to create your own practice. To create a group, club or Dojo that works toward the goals you have in mind. You sound like you have a solid foundation, it's probably time to leave the nest.

You're not alone if you choose option 3. There are several of us out there working towards similar goals. Those of use who love Aikido and are not satisfied with its current state of practice. Being independent isn't so bad, in fact for many of us it's the only way to stay sane!

Good luck to you in what ever you choose to do. My email is always open if you'd like to chat about any of this.