View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #36
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Interesting Video: San Shou Tuishou with Chen Ziqiang

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
What is the nature of this truly bizzare behaviour in attacking people left and right?
Hmmmmm... here's what Stan said, Dan:
Quote:
What Dan is talking about is a higher level of expertise, which I have seen and experienced personally from Wang Hai Jun and Dan.
I just invited him to explain his views on this subtle expertise on another thread. Why don't you join him?

One of the repeated nonsensical comments you see on martial-arts forums is someone with limited skills trying to tell others how exalted (or horrible) someone else's skills are. If Stan, after all these years, is as "low level" as you seem to unquestionably agree with, how is he in a position (after so many years and so many teachers) in a position to accurately say who is and who isn't any good? Obviously he can't be very astute if he's got all those years behind him and no real expertise to show for it, right?

I've even heard amateurs at WHJ workshops wonder aloud at how Stan goes around "correcting" people while WHJ is in another part of the room doing corrections when Stan obviously has never really practiced seriously. Sounds like a topic worth a discussion. On another thread or another forum. He obviously thinks you're good, BTW.... good for you.

Regards,

Mike Sigman