View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #57
Budd

Dojo: Taikyoku Budo & Kiko - NY, PA, MD
United_States
Re: Internal Power (AIKI?)-- Players and Haters

Quote:
Erick Mead wrote: View Post
And it can be -- if you hear to what the body is TELLING you in doing the aiki-taiso. The current push is exploring the taut frame. But the loose frame is EXACTLY the same as the taut frame -- Too many people are just trying Do This or Do That in doing the aiki taiso instead of just letting the loose frame speak for itself.

Because the loose frame correctly tightens at every reversal. which is, admittedly, what most people are missing.

I don't fault those exploring the taut frame. But, the loose frame is the same as the tight frame -- the difference is the same as between the hanging chain and the arch -- the chain, loose and instantly adaptive; the arch must be adaptive the same way, but "breaks" or buckles in useful ways that are virtually impossible to anticipate or recover from. In that way the taut arch becomes loose at its reversal, as the loose chain becomes tight in its reversal.

In the adaptive frame, both are always present -- the taut spiral arches and the loose spiral chains are just inverse and at right angles -- just as the compression and tension are in right-angled torsion spirals.
Fundamentally disagree with this, Erick, I strongly believe that you will not get a foot in the door with "this stuff" without getting someone to show you that has enough of a clue to move you in the right direction. If all it took was working on the aiki taiso and adjusting your frame, the optimist in me believes that there are lots of people smarter than you and me working on that . . and not being able to demonstrate basic internal strength development.

I think I get what you're trying to describe, but I would also caution that I think that you're looking in the wrong direction by trying to quantify what's going on without demonstrating a basic understanding of . . what's going on. It seems like you make it more complicated by adding more scientific jargon without describing the basic steps. And to be honest - to most folks that have more than a foot in the door to this kind of training, that is a bit of a giveaway.