View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 12:43 PM   #25
Taras Omelchenko
Dojo: Yoshinkan Aikido Towa dojo
Ukraine
Re: "Transparent Power" (Sagawa Yukiyoshi) book translated

I read the book in Japanese too last year and I do respect Sagawa Sensei and Mr. Kimura (whose other book I also ordered from Amazon Japan later the same year).
Yet I've been wondering if we'll ever be able to transcend the mysticism beyond aiki? Aiki is what aiki is or would be, right? If such a thing exists it does exist within its quite normal relevant range,or, to put it more plainly, there shouldn't be anything exceptional about it. Even if it's something not everyone will understand it is still a natural, normal and regular phenomenon.
I'm quite happy with Shioda Sensei's straight line, concentration (shuchuryoku), kokyuryoku, etc. It's plain and simple (user-friendly ) and it works just as it should.
I guess Sokaku Takeda Sensei was really the one who understood aiki of his family ryu, all the other respected Sensei did some great research but I doubt that aiki should be mystified to the point it is now. It's still within the laws of this same old Universe
...BTW the stories about all those relations and interactions between various Sensei are definitely interesting. Oos!