Re: Crosstraining Aikidoka: A Survey
1. About seven years in total (with an seven year break in between)
2. Gao Style Baguazhang
3. Three years
4. four days Bagua 2 days Aikido in a week
5. To train internal power and structure. Also being Chinese and living in HK, it won't do for me to purely train a Japanese martial art when there is so much on offer here. It's like going to Paris and only eating McDonalds.
6. Much broader range of attacks / kicks / throws. The footwork and movement is also much more complex
7. Most of the stuff carries over, although some of the qinna (grappling) may be more dangerous than the aikido. Perhaps there is less of an emphasis on "peace" and relaxation
Last edited by bernardkwan : 03-11-2010 at 09:14 PM.