View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 01:46 AM   #15
Eva Antonia
Dojo: CERIA
Belgium
Re: A question for tha aiki ladies :O) - how do you wear your hair?

Aiaiai, the hair question!

I tried everything except cutting short, because that makes me looking like a boy in puberty but with wrinkles

But I suppose, nothing else works. I tried a bun, I tried a braid, I tried a band in the hair, I tried combinations like bun + band or braided ponytail (2 elastics, one for the ponytail, one for the braid), and none works. I think the problem is not if hair is thin or thick (mine also is rather thick), but if it's straight or curly. When it's straight, like mine, everything slips out. So after 5 - 10 rolls or falls, I have to step out and put back the elastics in place.

For the moment, braided ponytail works best. But when summer comes I cut my hair chin-long, as it is too hot wearing it open, and the bun becomes too heavy if it is long enough to be worn as such...and then I'll have to revert to band around the head.

That is worst, and I remember that once a tori (also a woman - should know the victim's perspective!!!) stepped on my hair when throwing me in mae ukemi - she got a full strand of hair under her feet and I got a lesson to learn.

So, in summary, there is no solution.

Best regards,

eva