Crosstraining Aikidoka: A Survey
I did a forum search and as I didn't see anything recent that was similar (at least in its scope), I'm hoping that any Aikidoka out there who are currently cross training in other martial arts could be so kind as to take the time to answer a few questions for me - I'd really like to get a sense of what people are doing, how and why:
1) How long have you been practicing Aikido?
2) What is/are the name(s) of the other art(s) you are currently practicing?
3) How long have you been practicing the other art(s) concurrent with your training in Aikido?
4) What ratio of time do you devote to each art (ie. how many days a week are spent practicing Aikido, how many days in the other art(s)?)
5) Is the focus/goal of your cross training:
a) to complement your practice of Aikido
b) to broaden your knowledge/overall skill as a martial artist in general
c) other (if so, what?)
6) If you believe that the current art(s) you are cross training in is/are benefiting or complementing your practice of Aikido, could you please describe how?
7) Can you think of any ways that your current cross training may actually be detrimental to your practice of Aikido and if so, please describe how.
Thanks in advance for your time!
Last edited by jducusin : 03-10-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Reason: Removed redundant question