View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #57
philippe willaume

United Kingdom
Re: Jamming a technique

Quote:
David Yap wrote: View Post
Hi Phil,

Based on what you wrote, when is it a good time to begin the practice of aiki in Aiki-do? I cherish every moment I spent on the mats and I trust my training partners but the trust is broken once they decide to hurt me after I have given in to their waza.

You will probably laugh your head off if you realise that the peers who branded me a jammer are a head taller than me and 25 or more kilo heavier than me and can out muscle me anytime they want to. One or two will not hesitate to put their 80-90 kilo bodyweight on my elbow in a nikkyu lock with less than 6 inches of space between the face and the mat. They will not hesitate to remove your hand from the wrist in sankyu. For shihonage or iriminage, if you are lucky, their follow through can be just 3 inches about the mat, if not, it is 3 inches below the mat. All these, they won't be telling you and so much for good ukeme practice. If you are beast, then I don't know what to call them. At the moment, they are just Pain, Painer and Painest. BTW, Painer and Painest are the Yoshinkan guys disguised as aikikai beginners.

Hope to see you on the mats.

David Y
hello david
Sure and and in the quiet words from brick-top if I bugger off to tibet, there will be a bunch of nutters, from Pakhurst, in Yeti suits waiting for me up everest with meat cleavers to chop me chubby legs off.

is not obvious to you that the thrust is boken when you resit what they are trying to do without their concent or at least telling then.
you know harmony is really working from the same hymn sheet.

You make your tori look and feel shiet and hence he buries you into the mat. Fair play to them.

Phil

One Ringeck to bring them all and in darkness bind them,
In the Land of Windsor where phlip phlop live.