View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 AM   #83
Eugene Leslie

Canada
Re: should you smoke marijuana on your aikido journey

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
IMO, It doesn't improve the dialogue to take a "this is what I think, and if you don't agree with me 100%, this is what you are!" approach.
(This isn't dialogue either soapbox lady).

Mr. Gano;

You seem like a likable guy by your posts I've seen on different threads and you debate well.
....I am not saying alcohol is better, (I totally agree with the economic conspiracy theory's concerning alcohol and tobacco taxation)....or that the friends I have that smoke dope are anything less than...I agree with alot of your points...what I'm saying is just MY opinion but it's shared by the Law of Canada.

I'm saying if one wishes to search themselves spiritually do it where it's not illegal and doesn't present influence to others.
My buddies that still smoke dope know it's illegal and keep it well hidden from their kids but my opinions and values differ...
If you want to do LSD like James Coburn with his psychistrist it's a controlled lawful environment..(at the time at least).

If you want to do mesacalin with a bonifide Peruvian shaman... it's lawful and controlled.

Peyote with a medicine man in Mexico...same thing.

Mary Jane?...head to Amsterdam or Jamaica.

In THIS country the definition of the law is "not hurting another" directly or indirectly. Not all drug dealers are cute Cheech and Chong types and most sell other, harder drugs. Cops are in the line of fire and YES I agree some people can handle THC just fine but for every 5 easy breezy potheads there are 95 drop-outs and hard drug users that inadvertantly used pot as a gateway to other crap and lost their way.

Cheers and God Bless....

Self-discipline is the chief element of self-esteem; and self-esteem the chief element of courage. Thucydides