View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #48
David Board
Dojo: Aikido of Reno
United_States
Re: Jamming a technique

Quote:
Szczepan Janczuk wrote: View Post
David B. - you are right, not jamming for fresh beginners. However, where/when is line to start use a brain to learn?
Well at the moment I can learn from being jammed on a subset of techniques. In fact, I have learned from being jammed and enjoyed the challenge. On others, well I'm getting there.

My sensei mentioned the other day that in the old style you should spend two years focusing on your Ukemi. So maybe two years .

You probably have a better idea than I do. What I know is that I've only learned some basic techniques. Others I've done only a few times. These techniques would be very challenging if you jammed me. However, I'm beginning to see/feel some of the basic ideas that seem to link the techniques. I think I could apply some of this to a new technique if I was jammed. So I hope soon.

That being said if things sped up I'd be in trouble. So for now I'm learning. So at this point in my training, jam me if you like but if I can't seem to find my way through be willing to point me in the right direction. If you don't well, so be it. I'll take what I can from the training and continue to search for a solution to the puzzle you have presented.