View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #43
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Re: should you smoke marijuana on your aikido journey

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
Let's be clear about what we're talking about. The question was about smoking dope while "on an Aikido journey". That's a somewhat ambiguous phrase, but I think a fair interpretation might be "while living a life in which one studies Aikido." Everyone, including yourself, is insisting on answering a question that has not been asked, which is, "Should you get high and then get on the mat?" The result has been a chorus of "hell no", which I don't disagree with, but it's really got nothing to do with the question that was asked.
Mary:

Let me be clear: READ MY FIRST PARAGRAPH. Here let me help you out: "On anybody's "journey" in life, they are basically entitled to do anything that they would like to do to themselves. I frankly do not care if that includes "consensual" relationships with "mature" live stock !"

I do not give a damn what a person does to his/herself in a private manner, which includes smoking pot, as long as in doing so, does not create an undue burden on others (eg.- broke junkie who uses the merry-go-round of multiple detox's at the taxpayer's expense).

I do not necessarily "read" the thread like you do. Let us agree to read different things into the thread, while agreeing on the importance of training in a safe environment.

Marc Abrams