Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Johann Baptista
Dojo: Aikido Institute Davis
Brazil
Hello

I AM Johann.

I like Aikido, obviously. My other interests include spending time in nature, Earth-living (survival) skills, world flutes like Shakuhachi and Native American flute, and world cultures. I have a flute for just about every culture I am interested in, coincidentally enough . I have found Aikido to be a more than perfect addition to my interests. Its peaceful philosophy and nature-oriented spirituality fit in perfectly with my love of nature and my desire to spend with it. I have found Shinto, the native religion of the Japanese to be much like the eastern reflection of Native American beliefs, which I greatly admire. It is important to note; I am not Native American, I am European. The self defense aspect of Aikido has also widened my possibilities

I Joined Aikido Institute Davis only a couple of months ago, and I have found everyone there to be very friendly, like an extended family. Anyway, yes, I am a beginner, and so far I am more than impressed by the vast world of Aikido.

Oh Yeah, almost forgot to mention that I actually live in the U.S. but was born in Brazil.

- Johann