View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #9
Ryan Seznee
Dojo: Does it matter?
United_States
Re: Music Offensive

Quote:
Ron Tisdale wrote: View Post
Ok, I'm sorry, and please don't take offense. But. Do you just make this stuff up???

Best,
Ron
Who wouldn't be offended that you think they are a liar? Wouldn't you be upset is someone said the same to you? You can should give some one a social out if you genienly don't want to offend them, like "I think you might be mistaken". This gives the person a chance to back out graciously instead of them being forced to eather be defensive or aggressive.

Back on point, "A Life in Aikido" is a book written by Kisshomaru Ueshiba is a book that talks a little about O'Sensei's life. In it he tells a lot of antidotes about how O'Sensei saw ghosts, tengu, and such... I would say that makes him a mystic. He also tells about how one Moriteru Ueshiba became involved with the Omoto-kyo sect of Shinto. He was a personal acquaintance of Oinsaburo Deguchi, the leader of the Omoto-kyo sect at the time. During this time Moriteru Ueshiba is said to have a student by the name of Naohi Deguchi, who became the third leader of this sect, as well as the majority of the Omoto staff at that time. He taught priest, the majority of the com unity (in a religious commune mind you), and was a noted personal confidant of the leader of the movement (a priest himself). I would say that gives strong evidence that he ether was a priest or was at least sound enough in Shinto doctrine to entrust future generations of priests. Read the book (it is pretty good), if anyone is making it up, it is Kisshomaru Ueshiba.