Old 12-17-2009, 06:00 AM   #12
Carsten Möllering

Dojo: Hildesheimer Aikido Verein
Germany
Re: Pain

Hi
Quote:
Maarten De Queecker wrote: View Post
I know noone who would go that far just to prove a point. It's just stupid, really.
Grin:
Well, you at least know me, at least a little bit by writing here ...

I don't think it's stupid, to increase the tolerance of pain. You get a lot more freedom, if you don't have to follow "every little pain".

About yonkyo: It's a tsubo for accupuncture and it depends on your throat, lungs ... how an whether it hurts more or less. If you have to rely on pain to move your partner you won't move a lot of people.

Quote:
You do know what pain signals mean, right? Pain signals mean that something in your body is being damaged. It's your body telling you to "get the fuck out" or "stop stop stop stop".
Did you ever try to move a drunken person, a mentaly disabled person or someone else who doesn't recognize the "stop" -signals by pain? It simply doesn't work.

Quote:
One of the principles I have been thought is: "listen to your body".
Don't only listen: Communicate. His statements will change if you answer him.

Quote:
You don't disarm somebody who's wielding a knife by "taking his centre", no, you disarm him by locking his joint so he either drops or lets go of the knife,
If he drops it or let go, the uncontrolled knife may hurt you while falling.
Take his center, have atari, control him and take the weapon gently ouft of his hand. ...
No pain, just technique. It's more efficient. ;-)

greetings
Carsten