View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 12:19 PM   #46
DH
United_States
Re: YouTube: Internal strength demo...

Quote:
Jonathan Wong wrote: View Post
But the point here is, there are 2 roads or schools of thought or types of moving, and you have to decide which one you are wanting to go down.

If you want to totally suck for a few years, you are a rare kind of martial artist, even though it is ultimately in line with what all MA claim to pursue-- perfecting the self continually. The choice seems obvoius on the forum.
But in real life that is a serious decision, for the heart moreso than the head.
--JW
I was a very capable and proven fighter when I chose to pursue this. And when I did- I kept failing at it...for years. Yet I was willing to invest in that failure-to the point of friends mocking me- to reach a deeper level. In some aspects, it was one of the hardest things I have ever done-both in ego and in effort. The mindset has never changed, I will never allow myelf to "hold on" to something ever again. I test and test and I remain open to change.

I am realizing, now, more and more, just how rare that is. Having won, or achieved a certain level it can be difficult to let go of everything you knew. The smartest thing I ever did was to walk away from my strength to pursue and discover my power.
Cheers
Dan

Last edited by DH : 12-15-2009 at 12:28 PM.