View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #7
SeiserL

Dojo: Roswell Budokan, Kyushinkan Dojo, Aikido World Alliance
United_States
Re: Big Mind, Small Technique

Quote:
Piyush Kumar wrote: View Post
But having just come from one of those sessions, i feel completely drained. Calm but drained. What kind of perspective would you have if u were in this position??
Osu,

If this was a technique, one might suggest you are using muscle instead of energy. In other words, you are trying to hard.

As a therapist, I learned that if I was drained at the end of the day, then I was doing most of the work.

Perhaps, out of good intent, you are trying too hard. Perhaps you are not congruently present and partially resent the time taken from your own training.

I have only recently stepped up and started to teach openly. I find that helping others through it helps me understand the techniques and principles better. I no longer see teaching as separate or different than training.

Perhaps the resistance that drains you is some mental conflict or contradiction that needs your attention to help you grow.

Just as in a lot of things in life, I have to "let" myself and "let" others. Too often when I feel drained its because I tried to "make" something happen.

Hope that makes some sense and is of some small assistance.

Thanks for asking. I always take that as a compliment.

Rei, Domo.

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!