View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #38
osaya

Australia
Re: Pain and control in Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu

Quote:
Josh Phillipson wrote: View Post
For the thread, and to the OP, Sy,I would suggest, you, as politely as possible PM, Dan, Ellis and Howard Popkin to see if they can and will point you a dojo in your country/state/province/etc and go see for yourself. It is the only answer that will satisfy you, in the end.
I might do just that. =) That said, I'm still quite happy to have opened up this discussion though. I had no intentions of making this a DR/TMA/ki fireball bash fest. Starting as a skeptic myself, after experiencing hints of aiki in the last year of training, I thought that there must've been something else I've been missing, perhaps out of stubbornness or ignorance. This thread appeared to be a bit of reality check, which wasn't what I hoped to find, but useful to realise nonetheless.

Quote:
And in the meantime; I would suggest to you that there are many different ways of attacking the body…and maybe…just maybe…the ‘magic' you ask about is real; and learnable. If you can find the right teacher.
I'm lucky to have teachers and a group that are very good to train with. Although I'm a little ambitious and hasty, there's still plenty to learn at my dojo. But I'm sure I can use what I've gleaned here in the discussion to build a better/more realistic base for my further explorations down the track.

In the meantime, I'll go PM the people you suggested in a bit just to pick their brains anyway. cheers mate.