View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #8
Shadowfax

Dojo: Allegheny Aikido, Pitsburgh PA
United_States
Re: After Training... Friends

Quote:
You can often feel when someone approaches or touches you if you can trust them or not. It's not just trusting their technique but actually trusting their intent. The connection and trust is deeper that the physical touch. The trust is a mental, psychological, and emotional trust
Boy an I ever empathize with that statement. The dojo is one of the very few places I have found I can relax in a group setting and not feel like I need to be on guard.

Quote:
Perhaps it's just nice to be among kindred spirits that you don't have to explain yourself to. I know there are a lot of differences between us, but there has got to be some common characteristic that brought us all together, doesn't there? In a world of sheep and followers, there are a few who want to step up and take a stand. And training seems to be one of the doors on that path, aimed at a direction of protection instead of the mass fear and hysteria. If this is true, that there is a sameness factor, then I don't have to explain it to you because you feel it as well and already know what I am talking about.
oh yes I sure do.

Its nice to find out that there are other people out there that think and feel that way. For the first time in a very long time I feel like I fit in someplace.