View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #13
HL1978
Dojo: Aunkai
United_States
Re: My take on a Mike Sigman seminar...

Quote:
Lee Price wrote: View Post
[ People are now lumping I.S. skills together as one animal and that's wrong, too. I could define the differences reasonably clearly, but I'm interested in watching the current developments (with bemusement)... but it's worthwhile mentioning (for the record) that there are some very important differences and not this one-lump idea of "I.S. skillz".

With all due respect Mike this is of no use to anyone...it places you in a position where you appear to know something that people are interested in... but you only hint at it...giving no further information to support this statement. If you can clarify the differences I`m sure we would be very happy to read it.

Kindest regards

Lee
There are martial arts that focus on striking, there are martial arts that focus on grappling. The different internal martial arts training methods out there , just like martial arts in general have different takes on different skills, and different training methods for different skills. This leads to significant overlap of the same skills so that they are recognizable by other martial artists, but they can see the differences as well.

Think kote gaeshi in judo as well as aikido.