Old 10-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #88
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Re: What is "IT"?

Quote:
Russ Qureshi wrote: View Post
Hi Marc,

Thanks for your response. I've heard nothing but good things about Ushiro sensei from George Ledyard sensei (who comes to visit a local dojo here twice a year here). I think Don Angier's movement (while it could be argued he is simply demonstrating) speaks for itself...as does Ushiro sensei's in my book. I am not making any judgements. I put the videos out there so everyone who is interested may view them and then, perhaps, folks with some experience training IT would comment on whether Angier and Ushiro sensei's are demonstrating IT or not (and why they think that....) Perhaps it's something that cannot be written or spoken about and must be felt....I certainly wouldn't think that strange...but it would leave me wondering, if that's the case, what the point of IT threads would be...

I wish you success in your seminar and sincerely hope you post some video at some point. Do you have a dojo website?

Cheers,

Russ
Russ:

Dan Harden put it quite succinctly, and that is until you feel it, you really do not have a legitimate starting place. As he puts it, you don't know what you don't know. When you feel it, then you can begin to see how much work we have to really "right the ship."

My dojo's website is www.aasbk.com

Enjoy!

Marc Abrams