View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #30
rdavid445
Dojo: Shobu Aiki Dojo - OKC, OK
United_States
Re: "Hidden in Plain Sight" - Specific Internal Training

Quote:
Larry Feldman wrote: View Post
Robert - Just a word of caution. If you do find a teacher who can give you work to do on internal training, it may be difficult to do outwardly in your current class. Your current teacher may not be very accepting of any variations on what he is teaching, or his methods. It may be difficult to get regular practice in outside your regular class.

That said, I can make a suggestion to you of an instructor in Texas, send me an email if you like.
Actually, one of the aspects of Jiyushinkai training that I've been, frankly, shocked and humbled by is the student's and the instructor's attitude of always being open to new approaches and ideas. I've only been training with them for about 2 months, and I've already made some tremendous strides in my practice, just in terms of the quality of my training. I am fully confident that, in the unlikely event that I would have anything new to offer our class in terms of internal training, my instructor would not only allow us to explore it, but would be excited to try a new approach to an old puzzle.

Clark Sensei -
We worked on koshi waza recently, and I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed myself. I learned o-goshi, uki-goshi, and tsurikomi-goshi a long time ago at another school, and doing those types of techniques from the Jiyushinkai approach was eye opening, indeed. I'm having a fantastic time training with Martin Sensei.

Just wanted to let you know.

Last edited by rdavid445 : 09-03-2009 at 12:37 PM.