View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
Michael Neal
Making a short film, hopefully featuring Aikido (DC, No. VA area)

Hi, it has been a very long time since I have posted here. I have decided to do a short film and I am thinking about featuring Aikido sword, jo, and open hand technique in a fight scene(s). The film is going to have a post apocalyptic mixed with a medieval theme.

It will be shot in High Definition 1080p with a high quality 35mm digital video camera as well as a rented XHA1 professional camcorder. Professional audio and lighting as well.

This is going to be a low budget collaborative film where it will depend on a group of volunteers to help see it through.

For most of the actors needed you won't need acting skills, only a few characters will have some dialogue. There will be a need for a lot of bad guy ukes as well as a core groups of heroes and villians.

Also I am looking for people to collaborate with: filming, producting, writing, directing, costuming etc.

I am hopeful there is some interest in this, I really want to feature aikido since I think it is the best martial art for this type of action.

I don't have any set schedule, it is just at the concept stage at the moment.

Last edited by Michael Neal : 08-28-2009 at 08:45 PM.