View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #6
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: My take on a Mike Sigman seminar...

Thanks for the reviews and too-kind words, guys. That was a sort of odd workshop because of the diversity of experience in it; I wound up doing a lot of ad hoc stuff that was not in usual workshops, for various reasons.

When I'm doing a workshop, my ultimate goal is to set someone up to be on a good-enough path that he/she will have some good and demonstrable basic skills the next time I see them. And I'll know when they push me, next time.

The workshop was, as has been noted, Aikido oriented, and so there was a lot of emphasis on the existing Aiki Taiso exercises and how they functioned in terms of internal strength. I think the relationship of the 4 wrist exercises opened a few eyes, from remarks people made to me, but I think that there were a lot of obvious-when-shown relationships that will be helpful for peoples' progress as time goes by and they think back to the workshop. But we won't know for a while.

Another oddity about that particular workshop: I always figure the success of a workshop will be determined by how good someone gets from that workshop; in this case, I thought there were a few real power-hitters there and I'm looking forward to big things.

Best.

Mike