View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 07:27 AM   #37
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States
Re: Shocking video: karate black belt almost beats man who does not wnt to fight to d

Quote:
Ok, but you should be aware that it happens.
Sorry, I don't see what being aware that it happens has to do with not accepting it as acceptable. Complete disconnect there for me.

Quote:
What if you saw this happening on the street, and the perpetrator turned on you, next? You might be so shocked and stunned that your responses would be slower and you would end up like the last guy.
??? That does happen, but where is the link between me being horrified that people treat each other like that and saying it is wrong, and me freezing when I need to defend myself? Especially if you train yourself NOT to freeze when adversity hits home?

An American mayor just went through something like that. He ended up in the hospital, but he redirected the anger toward himself, and away from women and children. He didn't freeze, got a couple of shots in as a matter of fact. It still ended badly for him. As far as I know, he doesn't even train in anything, but he still didn't freeze.

I just don't get what you are saying...maybe it's just me.

Best,
Ron

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)