View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 02:22 AM   #25
JJF

Dojo: Vestfyn Aikikai Denmark
Denmark
Quote:
DaveO wrote:
I turned my computer off, went out and walked around for a while, then came back to this forum with fresh eyes. I want to change what I wrote to Colleen. Unfortunately, it's too late for that.
Her post was not in any way offensive; rather the opposite. The one part that could be taken that way I blew way out of proportion.
Colleen, I apologise for my rash response. That your post unintentionally touched a sore nerve is no excuse for my answering is such a fashion. I hope you will be able to pass it off as a misunderstanding. It won't happen again.

Hopefully your friend,
Dave
The way I see it - 5. kyu (and 6. and 4.) is primarily about showing progress and the ability to grow as an aikidoka and as a person. Later the technical level plays an increasing part of the evaluation.

Therefore the test should not be easier for you than for the others - you should just prove that you can grow in other areas since the technical part is less of a challenge for you than for some of the others.

Anyway - you last post proves to me the ability to grow in a way that I would say indicates that you are ready for 5. kyu. Good going.

Finally I will pass on to you the best advice I have ever been given regarding tests: "Have fun".

- Jørgen Jakob Friis

Inspiration - Aspiration - Perspiration