View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #48
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Team Combat USA
United_States
Re: Aikido in Basic Combat Training?

Hey you guys will find this interesting. Well suprise, I found myself in Florida on duty for the past 10 days. Well I hooked up with none other than Ron Donvito....the founder of LINE. So been training BJJ and LINE with him for the past 10 days.

Ron and I have become friends. Feel like I have known him my whole life and LINE...well it is very well thought out and a great system.

Caveat. Provided that it is taught correctly. Ron and I have talked alot in the past week about MIlitary Combatives, training methodologies, research, and what happens when you have institutions such as the Marine Corps (with an S), and The Army (no S needed). There are trade-offs for sure when you only have an hour to train a bunch of guys...so what do you spend time teaching them? and what will the leadership accept? and what will the guys do over and over?

Anyway, just wanted you guys to know that if you get the chance and ever get down to Fort Walton Beach area...you should look up Ron and go train with him some. Great guy and will give away more than is probably right for someone of his caliber should do.

Oh, BTW his son, Michael, 24 year old, 2 degree Black Belt in BJJ, and knows his stuff as well...so they can walk that dog as well.