View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
Ryan Seznee
Dojo: Does it matter?
United_States
Re: Fat Aikido Feet?

Quote:
Celeste Lyn Paul wrote: View Post

I noticed about a month ago my feet were looking a little fleshy. This was very strange because my ankles weren't swollen and I actually lost a little weight. Why do my feet look fat?

So I started looking around at other people's feet during class. Everyone's feet looked pretty fleshy, from the skinny to the in-shape to the heftier types. It ends up that my feet aren't swollen or fat, they're gaining muscle!

Who would have thought you could build muscle in your feet? For someone who has always been active (especially with lower-body activities such as running) this is very strange that only aikido has had this effect. Has anyone else noticed this?

I wonder if I will need to buy bigger shoes!
Personally, I have lost muscle mass on my lower body because I can't run as much as I used to (falls and throws get your joints sore), and this includes my feet. I can see how you could build muscle on it with all of the sinking and centering we do, but I have not experianced this (my wife was complaining about it in her feet not too long ago, though).