View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #79
DH
United_States
Re: "Internal training, Aiki, and empowering Aikido" Seminar w/Dan Harden

Quote:
Budd Yuhasz wrote: View Post
Nice post, Dan.

I think that's one of the big things with IS work that gets lost . .just how much of it is based on conditioning the body and mind. . and it's not the kind of conditioning where you just repeat it again and again until you "get it". Your words on "intent" apply very well here as well . . in addition to listening, critiquing, trying, failing, etc. It's not a "Well I'm already doing things 50 percent right and I just need the other 50 percent" . .

I like what's coming out of the discussions on last weekend (congrats and of course I'm going to echo best wishes for the personal stuff going on as well, big time). I think a common thing that's being communicated is that the vocabulary only gets you so far . . you can't cognitively just get this and make it click in your body . . you have to be shown, have it burned in and then keep burning it in so that you rewire how your body moves . . and then there's the applications, etc, fitting these things into the framework of whatever martial art you do.

Yeah, it's a fun time right now to watch and participate in these things.

Best/Budd
It's new to some, old to others eh?
I keep encouraging people to get out and feel some of the giants in the ICMA when they come around to the States for seminars. You may not become a student or learn how-to's, but it's good to get an expanded "picture" of what's out there with some experts. It helps to keep the target ever ahead of you and keep you hungry and not satisfied.
Cheers
Dan

Last edited by DH : 08-07-2009 at 09:32 AM.