View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #58
DH
United_States
Re: "Internal training, Aiki, and empowering Aikido" Seminar w/Dan Harden

Well, while I have a more formal response I am putting together to thank everyone-I need to step in as you guys make it sound like I was attacking people!!
Uhm...I seem to remember being asked "How does this or that work to do something useful"? Now be me. I was asked this from; karate, Yi-chuan, judo, and CMA people as well as the aikido teachers there. What's a boy to do?
Josh was the only guy smart enough to qualify that and ask "In an aikido setting- how would this aid in entering? You don't need to hit me."
So I only tossed-him-about, here and there so he could feel the ground, then gravity and then the splitting effects of spiral energy rising and falling and entering and leaving all at the same time in tenchi nage, and irimi, kokyu ho, and such.
Did I mention he was a smart guy?
Dave
No bruises? I told you I wasn't hitting you hard!

I am inundated with personal stuff but my in-box is assuring me that everyone had a valuable learning experience. Here we are just three days past, and they are already seeing its potential in their aikido.
One fellow writes: "I went home and asked if my dojo mates would allow me to try some of the things I had learned. It took over the entire class, everyone just stopped and worked on this-the entire dojo- and they started telling him all these different places they could feel and see its potential."
That makes me happy. It means I did my job! and I picked a smart way to get it out there with some smart people
Cheers
Dan

Last edited by DH : 08-05-2009 at 01:43 PM.