Old 07-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #34
Fred Little
Dojo: NJIT Budokai
United_States
Re: Transmission, Inheritance, Emulation 14

Quote:
Peter A Goldsbury wrote: View Post
Hello Fred,

Many thanks for constructive response....

PAG. Best wishes. I am reminded of finishing my own Ph.D. thesis. Have you set a severe deadline for finishing the dissertation? Who are the examiners, by the way? (I recently became a life member of the AAS.)
Hello Peter,

You're quite welcome. Likewise, I repeat my thanks for the way in which you've not only opened up this area of research, but done so in a way that points to further regions of exploration.

The deadline is, unquestionably, severe. I have a schedule which calls for a presentation of a draft to my committee this Fall, and allows for a several rounds of meetings, revisions, and subsequent meetings into the Winter with a defense in the Spring of 2010. My committee is made up of Dr. Eva Giloi (Department of History, Rutgers-Newark, who is serving as the committee chair), Dr. Maurie Cohen (Department of Environmental Policy Studies, NJIT), and Dr. Yale Ferguson (Co-founder and Director Emeritus of the Division of Global Affairs at Rutgers-Newark). There are two other readers who have offered significant assistance thus far, but we haven't finalized their participation in the defense.

Best,

Fred Little