View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 05:59 AM   #12
MM
United_States
Re: Transmission, Inheritance, Emulation 14

Quote:
Joshua Reyer wrote: View Post
So, in my opinion, criticizing this work for being too informative, for presenting too much research, essentially misses the point of what this work was created for.
I agree with what you posted, so I cut it. But, the above wasn't my intention at all. I'm not criticizing this work for being too informative. In fact, it's just the opposite. I'm thanking him for being as informative as he was. I guess no one realizes that without all the information that Peter has provided, I could never have even started to build my views. Ever. Did no one get that last line of mine? Poorly chosen words are my forte, I guess.

How in the world could I have ever had the information to build a view if not for what Peter did? And no, it's not a backhanded compliment. I don't think that the research was useless, in fact, just the opposite, if not for the research, none of us could begin to build our views. If not for that research and effort, there is nothing from which to base views. It's a critical piece, not "too informative".

But, views are just that. Information taken, processed, and arrived at some view. I stated mine. And instead of debating the points of my views, like, oh, Mark, why is it that you're taking the point of view that tracing Ueshiba back to the Man'yoshu is unhelpful in your understanding?

Instead, I get quite a bit of people believing that from one post, I'm (take your pick):

Condescending
Degrading
Calling Peter's research useless
Patronizing
Stupid
Dismissive
Etc.

In all my posts to Peter, there is no history of any of that. In fact, just the opposite. Extremely grateful and I think the world of both Peter and his work. So, if anyone here wants to take my one post and believe any (or all) of the items above ... well, as John Wayne once said, Do what you want, you will anyway.

With that, I am done here. I'll not take up any more time in this thread.

Thank you, Peter. Sorry I caused such a ruckus in your thread.

Mark