Thread: Shiko Training
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #87
thisisnotreal

Re: Shiko Training

Quote:
Timothy Walters Kleinert wrote: View Post
I'm not sure what exactly you mean, but I wasn't talking about "load". When you begin to develop the internal stuff, you actually begin to experience some weird, pseudo-mystical feelings, such as "stuff" moving around though the body or under the skin. There are a couple (physiological) theories about why that happens, but there are no hard answers right now.
Hi Tim,
With all usual disclaimers in effect (..These are only my thoughts. No guarantee.)
I think what you are talking about is the feeling of a traveling blood/pressure/flexing wave modulated by your body. The same pressure/tension wave mentioned, with respect to ki, in Fune Kogi Undo. The feelings of "pseudo-mystical stuff", as you said it, are what I take to be your awareness of the blood flow, the compression due to the external load, and the ground paths (jin paths?) thru the loaded body, all combined, effectively, into one focused point, and the interplay between these factors.
The physical load is transferred (in/)to the Effort System, as mediated by your intent (/spirit), structure(/dantien) and effort(/ki).
Then it becomes the effective virtual load, as borne and experienced by your body (and mind).
What do you think?
Josh