Thread: Shiko Training
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #63
thisisnotreal

Re: Shiko Training

Quote:
Joel Zimba wrote: View Post
When I have a "cross-body" connection between the uplifted arm and the opposite leg, I can drop my center downward on to the lifted foot. When it makes contact, the resulting force "bouncing" up through my body shows me where I am breaking from vertical or where I have too much slack.
Originally, when I read this, I thought that you meant that *at that moment where you dropped your center downward* you could feel the bouncing force thru your body. Just from dropping your center internally. That is a crazy thought. Wonder if someone could get so taut. For the record: I now think you are talking about the stomp portion.

re:Feeling the 'bounce' or recoil
I think that ringing of the ground path is what they are doing >here< but by sensing it in/thru someone elses body. Do you agree?

re: spiraling
I think Mike is talking about >this< . But I do not know if it is the same spiral bindings that are worked or if shiko targets specific different ones and/or a different way to work them. Thought the link was interesting; and the picture as well. Spirals.

Josh