Old 06-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #38
Carsten Möllering

Dojo: Hildesheimer Aikido Verein
Germany
Re: Aiki-Ken vs reality

Hi
Quote:
Robert M Watson Jr wrote: View Post
The KSR (Kashima Shinryu) you mention is ostensibly the same school but maybe you better double check with Inaba sensei about that.
Kunii Zenya was the teacher of Inaba Minoru. So it is the same school. But it isn't officially recognized by Seki Humitake shihanke, so I call it the "the Inaba offshoot" or the "Inaba derivat" of KSR.
Yamaguchi was influenced by it and his student Christian Tissier who also studied it teaches this kenjutsu to us.

Quote:
I never mentioned TSKSR (which is Katori Shinto Ryu).
Well, but you posted a clip of Sugino Sensei of TSKSR, who was (as his son Yukihiro actually is) the katori teacher of my aikido Teacher:
Quote:
Robert M Watson Jr wrote: View Post
Quote:
Perhaps I was misleading in my comment about seeing commonalities in the KSR clip. I do not mean to imply that aikiken comes from KSR in any way. I mean't that I see several moves that I do and have seen my instructor do in our practice of the aikiken that are seen in that clip . This does not mean anything in particular except the outer form is similar but also no doubt the inner aspects are difficult to discern from video.
I think it's especially the inner aspects which are crucial.

Greetings,
Carsten