View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 06:37 AM   #33
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States
Re: Bushido vs Budo

Quote:
Brian Northrup wrote: View Post
You know if you guys dont like the thread, then dont post on it.
Hi Brian, are the suggestions to use the search function, or the requests for standard responses offensive? I could simply say, then don't read them...but that would be inappropriate, I think. Most are trying to find inoffensive ways to point to the moon. Don't be hatin' the finger... As this is an open forum, you have the right to post as you will. Would you deny that same right to others?

Quote:
I think of how I might have felt to then hear, "Aw man, that topic's been done to death." "Dude, do a little research before you post that crap." Hey, there is a seach function, you know."
Hi Charles, I've been enjoying your posts. I have to object to the word "crap" though. I've been reading these threads, and no one has said that.

To quote another controversial tome (please don't read if easily offended):
[Spoiler]
Quote:
When I was a child I spoke as a child I understood as a child I thought as a child; but when I became a man I put away childish things." I Cor. xiii. 11.
[/spoiler]

That answer may seem flippant, but it is not meant to be. We have all experienced periods of isolation, marginalization, persecution. But at least in my life, it has been most helpful to have others encourage me to move beyond that. The angry young man somehow must grow beyond that, if he is to accomplish something significant in his life. I guess the same can be said for the angry young romantic.

Best,
Ron

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)