View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 06:51 AM   #58
Buck
United_States
Re: The Heathers - Why the Butokukai called "it" aikido

Quote:
Philip Burgess wrote: View Post
For some odd reason, I envision in my head a fictitious skit out of Monty Python's "Holy Grail"
Then this pops into my head from the actual movie After the singing and dancing parody in the film. "On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place." That is when Ellis made reference to the "homeland" and "politics" stuff.

And it didn't stop there I searched on online for this, all building to the last line. It is so fitting to the "homeland" and "politics" way of things- all inspired by what I got from reading Ellis' post. :

Arthur: Old woman!
Dennis: Man.
Arthur: Man, sorry.
Dennis: I'm 37.
Arthur: What?
Dennis: I'm 37. I'm not old.
Arthur: I did apologize about the "old woman," but from behind you looked, well...
Dennis: What I object to is that you automatically treat me like an inferior.
Arthur: Well, I am king.
Dennis: Oh, king, eh? And how'd you get that? By exploiting the workers! By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arthur: I am your king!
Woman: Well I didn't vote for you!
Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Woman: Well how'd you become king then?
[Angelic music plays...]
Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering silmite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king!
Dennis interrupting: Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

Last edited by Buck : 06-09-2009 at 06:57 AM.